The 11-3 Chiefs have already won the AFC West but must keep winning if they want to wrest home-court advantage in the playoffs from the 11-3 Bills, who own the tiebreaker between the two thanks to their win at Arrowhead earlier this season. The 7-7 Seahawks have dropped two in a row but remain in the hunt for an NFC Wild Card spot. The Chiefs host the Seahawks on Saturday. Kickoff is set 1 p.m. ET (10 a.m. PT) on Fox.
The game will be televised in the Seattle and Kansas areas (according to 506 Sports) onservices, but there may be cases where you get blocked due to an internet location error or just want an extra layer of . It’s an option that doesn’t require you to subscribe to something like or or search the internet for a sketched site: You can use a virtual private network, or .
Here’s how to watch the game from anywhere in the US with a VPN.
Seahawks vs. Chiefs: When and where?
For Week 16 of the NFL season, the Chiefs host the Seahawks at 12:00 PM CT (1:00 PM ET, 10:00 AM PT) on Saturday. The game will take place at Arrowhead Stadium in Kansas City, Missouri, home of the Chiefs.
How to watch Seahawks vs. Chiefs game online from anywhere using a VPN
If you are unable to watch the game locally due to, you may need a different way to watch the game, which is where using a VPN can come in handy. A VPN is also the best way to stop your ISP from throttling your speed on game day by encrypting your traffic, plus it’s a great idea when you’re traveling and find yourself connected to a Wi-Fi network, and you’ll add an extra layer of privacy to your devices and logins.
With a VPN, you can virtually change your location on your phone, tablet or laptop to access the game. So if your ISP or mobile operator has stuck you with an IP address that falsely shows your location in a blackout zone, a VPN can correct that problem by giving you an IP address in your correct, non-blackout area . Most VPNs, like oursmakes it very easy to do this.
Using a VPN to watch or stream sports is legal in any country where VPNs are legal, including the US and Canada, as long as you have a legitimate subscription to the service you’re streaming. You should make sure your VPN is properly configured to prevent leaks: Even where VPNs are legal, the streaming service can terminate the account of anyone it deems to be circumventing properly applied blackout restrictions.
Looking for other options? Be sure to check out some of the other great onestaking place right now.
ExpressVPN is our current top VPN pick for people who want a reliable and secure VPN, and it works on a variety of devices. It’s normally $13 per month, and you can sign up for ExpressVPN and save 49% plus get three months of free access – the equivalent of $6.67 per month – if you get an annual subscription.
Note that ExpressVPN offers a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Live Stream Seahawks vs. The Chiefs game in the USA
This week’s Seahawks-Chiefs game is on Fox, so in addition to a VPN set to an area that carries the game (see tips below), you’ll need awhich has a local Fox affiliate broadcasting the game. The cheapest such service is Sling TV Blue.
Among the live TV streaming services that carry local Fox stations, the cheapest is Sling TV Blue at $40 per month.
One important caveat: In our experience, Fox’s local affiliates will only be available if your billing address is in one of the 18 metropolitan areas covered by Sling’s deal. If you’re outside of one of these areas, you’re probably better off going with one of the alternative services listed below.
Many othersalso has local Fox stations, namely YouTube TV, Hulu Plus Live TV, DirecTV Stream and FuboTV. They all cost more than Sling TV, but they also have more channels, including football-specific channels like Fox, ESPN, NFL Network and/or RedZone. Check out ours for details.
Quick tips for streaming Seahawks vs. Chiefs using a VPN
- With four variables at play – your ISP, browser, video streaming provider and VPN – your experience and success can vary.
- Sling Blue is only an option if and when the ability to get Fox local affiliates is active on your account. You may want to verify that your billing address is eligible for that option before committing your credit card.
- We successfully tested the game using an ExpressVPN server in Seattle, so that location should work for viewing the game.
- If you don’t see your desired location as the default option for ExpressVPN, try using the “search by city or country” option.
- If you’re having trouble getting the game after turning on the VPN and setting it to the correct viewing area, there are two things you can try for a quick fix. First, log into your streaming service subscription account and make sure the address registered for the account is an address in the correct viewing area. If not, you may need to change the physical address registered to your account. Second, some smart TVs—like Roku—don’t have VPN apps you can install directly on the device itself. Instead, you need to install the VPN on the router or mobile hotspot you use (like your phone) so that any device on your Wi-Fi network will now appear in the correct viewing location.
- All of the VPN providers we recommend have helpful instructions on their main page to quickly install the VPN on your router. In some cases with smart TV services, after you install a cable network’s sports app, you will be asked to confirm a numeric code or click on a link sent to your email address registered with the smart TV. This is where having a VPN on your router will help, as both devices will appear to be in the correct location.
- And remember that browsers can often give away a location despite using a VPN, so make sure you’re using a privacy-first browser to log into your services. We usually recommend .
How we test VPN streaming for Saturday NFL games
For each game, we use a combination of ExpressVPN and either Paramount Plus (for CBS games) or Sling TV Blue (for Fox games). Using the maps on 506 Sports, we determine which servers are nearby and connect to one, then start the streaming service and tune in to the local CBS or Fox affiliate. If the channel comes through, it is successful and we report the results above. We’ve also screenshotted the relevant program guide (see above) on either the local CBS affiliate website or Sling TV.